Join the Friends Today
Since 1972, the Friends of Mead Public Library have been supporting and funding public library programs and services to help supplement city appropriations. By joining the Friends, you will help your library remain on the cutting edge, while contributing to the cultural life of your community and supporting literacy promotion and lifelong learning. Individual memberships start at $25. Lifetime memberships cost $375.
- Subscription to the quarterly e-newsletter
- Membership is tax deductible
- A chance to meet new people and make new friends
- Invitation to the annual business meeting
- Special Friends-only program each spring
- Membership discount during book sales
- Have a voice in library and Friends decision making
- A chance to make a difference in your community
- And more!!
- Friends BookStore & Book Sales
- Gift of Reading Fundraiser
- Annual Donor Celebration
- Online Book Sales
- Fundraising Events
- Board membership and work
- Program Planning
- Special Events
- Digital Services
- Website Upkeep
- Writing and Editing
What We Fund
- Summer reading programs for kids, teens and adults
- Book purchases for the library
- Educational events for all ages
- Library equipment and fixtures
- Library "Experience Passes" to local attractions
- Library collection additions such as items for the "Library of Things"
- Continuing Education opportunities for staff members
- Program sponsorship and collaboration
- Community events and visibility opportunities
The Friends Bookstore
The Friend's BookStore is located near the main entrance to the library and has an always-changing inventory, with prices range from $0.25 to $2 for books (excluding specialty books).
Hours - The volunteer-run bookstore operates whenever the library is open. We try to staff the BookStore as often as we can, but when we are unable to do so, there is a box conveniently located at the entrance where you can pay.
History and Operation of the FMPL BookStore – We opened in 2004 and annual sales now top $10K. Proceeds support library programs, special events and other areas of the library.
Donations - We accept donations of gently used books, videos, tapes, CDs, or DVDs. The drop-off box is located in the Bookstore. For donations bigger than one full box, please call Pattie Pilz at 920-459-3400, ext. 2039. Certain items with local history significance are especially welcome.
The Friends of Mead Public Library publish a newsletter mailed to members quarterly.
Marge Giesen, President
Hayley Shirk, Vice President
Marion Wheaton, Secretary
Barbara Wiese, Treasurer
Debbie DeAmico -Treasurer Liaison
Pattie Pilz - Friends Liaison
- January 18 - Annual Meeting
- February 15
- March 15
- April 19
- May 17
- June 21
- July 19
- August - No Meeting
- September 20
- October 18 - Meeting held in the Loft
- November 15
- December - No Meeting
All meetings are held at 9:30 a.m. on the 3rd Wednesday of the month (except where noted) in person at Mead Public Library in the Rocca Room (except where noted).
Persons with disabilities who need accommodations to attend the meeting should contact the Mead Public Library, (920) 459-3400 extension 2049 as soon as possible.
Friends members who wish to participate virtually must provide notice to The Friends at least 24 hours before the meeting so that the person may be provided a remote link to attend online.
To learn more about the Friends, call the Friends library liaison at Pattie Pilz at 920-459-3400, ext. 2039. Stay up on the latest Friends news by following us on Facebook.
Or if you happen to be in the library, stop by the BookStore and say hello!