We have Internet-connected computers, including laptops, and free WiFi in our building. All public computers sport Windows 10 with Microsoft Office and can be used up to 5 hours per day.
The wireless network at Mead Public Library is MEADWIFI.
We have also extended our public WiFi network to provide better access from our parking lot and near the library entrance. Park near the outdoor book drops for the best access from the lot. The public WiFi network is available from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
Printouts are available for a fee of 20 cents per page for Windows laptops, public computers, and personal wireless devices.
Mead Library offers free personalized computer help on an appointment basis. Customers may get help with basic skills or learn how to use Mead Library’s catalog, online resources and databases (including genealogy, car repair, foreign language studies, test preparation, and more).To make an appointment, or for questions, call Mead Library at 459-3400, ext. 4 or stop at the second floor Reference Desk.
Computer Usage Guidelines
The library has a variety of public workstations located on the second and third floors as well as laptops for in-library use. The following guidelines apply to use of adult and teen library computers and laptops:
- Users will need their Monarch Library System library card number to log in and the account must be in good standing.
- Guest privileges are available for visitors.
- Computers are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- There is a limit of four hours per day on 2nd floor computers and one per day on 3rd floor computers, each day the library is open.
- Laptop computers are available for in-library use for four hours.
- Users must abide by the library’s Acceptable Use Guidelines for Internet Use, the Code of Conduct, and any other applicable policies.