Our Mission: What we do
We connect people with ideas, resources and technology to educate, entertain and empower.
Our Values: What we believe
We hold ourselves to the highest standards and deliver exceptional experiences.
We welcome and serve everyone.
We embrace Mead’s role as a community leader and empower staff to adapt to emerging needs.
We provide resources and experiences that cultivate curiosity, discovery and lifelong learning.
Our Goals: How we get there
- We provide public education for all that is social, interest-driven, experiential and timely so that individuals can learn, grow and make a difference in their community.
- Foster a culture of reading for all ages
- Promote financial, civic, information, health, and digital literacy
- Partner with educators to ensure student success
- Provide opportunities for social and cultural enrichment
- We see the library as a community hub that connects people and offers a safe and welcoming place to relax, socialize and pursue personal enrichment
- Create safe, welcoming and vibrant spaces
- Engage under-served audiences and reflect the diversity of our community
- Support positive community conversations and civic engagement
- Develop easily accessible places for people to meet, study and learn
- We act as a catalyst for community enhancement and a key partner in efforts that improve quality of life.
- Increase staff engagement in the community
- Embrace innovation and risk-taking
- Serve as a key partner and advocate for literacy and critical community issues
- Collaborate with businesses, nonprofits, educators and other community partners