girl with book
UPDATE: We're slowly beginning a limited number of in-person children's programs. Visit our events calendar for the most update listings of what we have coming up, or call 920-459-3400, ext. 3.
Our third-floor Children's Library offers storytimes, hands-on STEM workshops, art classes and special events year-round. Visit our events calendar for the most update listings of what we have coming up, or call 920-459-3400, ext. 3.
Mead offers a variety of storytimes designed to teach the skills children must learn before they can read, while also encouraging a love of reading. Storytimes are also a good way to share books, learn new things and become comfortable in a group setting.
Different storytimes focus on different age groups, but all sessions include activities that incorporate the five practices of early literacy: talking, singing, reading, writing and playing.
- Baby & Me Storytime for babies and toddlers (and caregivers) ages 6-23 months. Features simple books, lap bounces, songs, rhymes, fingerplays, socialization and free play.
- Little Listeners for children 2-up. Features books, fingerplays, music and activities.
- Preschool Storytime for children ages 3-5. Features books, rhymes, music, movement, crafts and short films. Younger siblings welcome
- Family Storytime for kids of all ages families. Features books, music and activities.
Other workshops, classes & activities
- LEGO Club, drop-in fun for grades K-6
- Science-4-Fun, hands-on STEM learning for grades 1–6.
- Art4Fun for grades 2–6. Learn, create, have fun.