You are here
Storytimes (and more!)
girl with book
UPDATE: Our children's programs have moved online until further notice. We are now offering virtual storytimes and other special events. Visit our events calendar for the most update listings of what we have coming up, or call 920-459-3400, ext. 3.
Our third-floor Children's Library offers storytimes, hands-on STEM workshops, art classes and special events year-round. Visit our events calendar for the most update listings of what we have coming up, or call 920-459-3400, ext. 3.
Mead offers a variety of storytimes designed to teach the skills children must learn before they can read, while also encouraging a love of reading. Storytimes are also a good way to share books, learn new things and become comfortable in a group setting.
Different storytimes focus on different age groups, but all sessions include activities that incorporate the five practices of early literacy: talking, singing, reading, writing and playing.
- Baby & Me Storytime for babies and toddlers (and caregivers) ages 6-23 months. Features simple books, lap bounces, songs, rhymes, fingerplays, socialization and free play.
- Little Listeners for children 2-up. Features books, fingerplays, music and activities.
- Preschool Storytime for children ages 3-5. Features books, rhymes, music, movement, crafts and short films. Younger siblings welcome
- Family Storytime for kids of all ages families. Features books, music and activities.
Other workshops, classes & activities
- LEGO Club, drop-in fun for grades K-6
- Science-4-Fun, hands-on STEM learning for grades 1–6.
- Art4Fun for grades 2–6. Learn, create, have fun.