Due to staffing shortages caused by COVID-19, public access is now restricted to the first floor of the building to allow visitors to pick up holds, return items and use public computers. Click for more details.
You are here
Our Mission, Vision, Values & Goals
Our Mission: What we do
We connect people with ideas, resources and technology to educate, entertain and empower.
Our Vision: Where we are headed
We aspire to create a vibrant, informed and cohesive community.
Our Values: What we believe
We hold ourselves to the highest standards and deliver exceptional experiences.
We welcome and serve everyone.
We embrace Mead’s role as a community leader and empower staff to adapt to emerging needs.
We provide resources and experiences that cultivate curiosity, discovery and lifelong learning.
Our Goals: How we get there
- We provide public education for all that is social, interest-driven, experiential and timely so that individuals can learn, grow and make a difference in their community.
- Foster a culture of reading for all ages
- Promote financial, civic, information, health, and digital literacy
- Partner with educators to ensure student success
- Provide opportunities for social and cultural enrichment
- We see the library as a community hub that connects people and offers a safe and welcoming place to relax, socialize and pursue personal enrichment
- Create safe, welcoming and vibrant spaces
- Engage under-served audiences and reflect the diversity of our community
- Support positive community conversations and civic engagement
- Develop easily accessible places for people to meet, study and learn
- We act as a catalyst for community enhancement and a key partner in efforts that improve quality of life.
- Increase staff engagement in the community
- Embrace innovation and risk-taking
- Serve as a key partner and advocate for literacy and critical community issues
- Collaborate with businesses, nonprofits, educators and other community partners