In order to read Overdrive eBooks and audiobooks with your device you will need to download the free program- Overdrive.
Download Overdrive App
1. Go to the App Store on your device. (For iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch go to Apple App Store, for Android products go to Google Play, for KindleFire go the Amazon app store, for NookColor go to Barnes & Noble app store)
2. In the search box type Overdrive.
3. Touch the Install button for the app that corresponds to the device.
4. Follow the prompts on your device which may ask for a username and password.
Activating the Overdrive App with Overdrive Account- one time step
1. Touch the Overdrive app to open it.
2. If it is your first time opening the app, a box will ask that you sign in with an Overdrive Account. Follow the prompts to sign up for an account.
Download Books on your Device
1. Touch Add a Library to add the Mead Public Library- WPLC Overdrive website to your device.
2. Touch the Search box and type in your zip code and touch Search to find the Monarch Library System-Mead Public Library
3. Touch the Monarch Library System-Mead Public Library
4. Touch Wisconsin Public Library Consortium to go to our download area. (Touch the star so it turns yellow to save the library for the next time you use the app.)
5. Touch Sign In found in the upper right corner of the screen.
6. Select Monarch Library System from the list of libraries.
7. Enter your library card number and your pin number (usually the last 4 digits of your telephone number.)
8. Touch Sign In.
9. Searching Options (Keep in mind that Overdrive contains e-books and audiobooks in various formats. If you are looking for e-books look for the EPUB format, audiobooks will be in MP3 format.)
Use the menu at the top to browse categories of e-books or audiobooks.
Touch Search to find an author or title. Hint: If you are certain of the spelling, put the title or author’s name in quotation marks (ex. “James Patterson” or “Explosive Eighteen”) to narrow your search.
10. Move down the page to find a book. Titles available for immediate download will have a black open book icon. If the book icon is light gray the title is not available for immediate checkout and you will need to place a hold. You will be placed on a waiting list and sent an email when that book is available.
11. Once you find a title you want to check out, click on the book’s cover. The default is set to let you check out the book for 7 days. If you would like it for 14 or 21 days click on the down arrow next to Borrow. Select how long you would like the book to be checked out.
12. Touch Borrow. The book is now checked out.
13. Touch Download and select EPUB eBook.
14. Touch Confirm & Download.
15. The title will begin downloading and will be added to your bookshelf. Touch the Menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen, and then touch Bookshelf.
16. Touch the image of the book cover to begin reading.
Returning Titles Early
Books will automatically be returned after the due date, but you can return items early.
1. From the Bookshelf page, do a long touch on the title.
2. Touch Return.