40 hrs/week full time
12 p.m. - 9 p.m. Mon-Fri, also some weekend shifts
Pay range $15.49-$20.95 hourly
The primary purpose of this position is to assist with the upkeep and repair of the library building, equipment and grounds, as well as the cleaning of the library.
· Perform various duties in the repair and maintenance of the building and infrastructure
· Maintain the cleanliness of the interior and exterior areas of the library
· Set up meeting room equipment for programs and activities
· Monitor security, HVAC and other systems as needed and contact vendors if necessary
· Load and unload delivery of packages
· Dispose of trach and recycle applicable materials
· Monitor and purchase supplies as needed
· Oversee or assist with snow removal
· Maintain a well-organized workspace
· May provide direct customer service to citizens in the use of library services
· Report library safety and security matters to management
· Act as resource for administration in regards to facilities management
· Perform duties independently with minimum supervision
· Perform other related work as assigned by the Director or Manager
Nature of Work/Duties Overview:
This position requires above average physical strength and stamina, including the ability to work outdoors; also the ability to work flexible hours for special events and emergencies, and be able to respond to call-ins after normal hours.
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, and handle materials which may range from 50-75 pounds for sustained periods. This work also requires lifting, standing, walking and reaching for long sustained periods. Also requires considerable knowledge of the practices, methods, tools, and equipment used in building maintenance.
Possession of a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License and personal transportation is desired.
Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and a strong sense of responsibility and initiative. Work closely with the Supervisor and coworkers in performing a variety of tasks. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5 P.M., THURSDAY, AUG. 2.
Email a resume and cover letter expressing your interests and qualifications to:
Garrett Erickson, Director of Mead Public Library, email@example.com
LIBRARY PAGE (16-20 hours, evenings and some weekends)
Please note: bookshelver applications are accepted at all times, although there may not be any positions open when you apply.
Requires good eyesight and physical ability. Applications available and accepted at the library's first floor Customer Service Desk during regular business hours. Application form also available online. Please attach a sheet indicating ALL hours you are available to work during the summer, and also during the school year.
Wage: $8 to $11.52 per hour (These positions are scheduled up to an average of 36 hours per two-week pay period. Generally, no direct customer service work.)
We currently have two part-time positions open to work primarily evenings (4 p.m. - 8 p.m.), Saturdays full and half-day shifts between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sundays 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. from September through May. Some afternoon shifts may be required as well.
-Primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
-Reshelving adult and juvenile books, magazines, newspapers, and audio/visual materials;
-Sorting returned materials;
-Checking in returned materials;
-Putting carts of returned materials in order for reshelving;
-Other duties as assigned.
-Good eyesight and physical ability;
-Flexible/able to work a variety of hours;
-Works well with a group, as well as;
-Able to work independently, without direct supervision;
-Ability to understand the library shelving system;
-Speed and accuracy are important.
Work schedules vary, and include but are not limited to nights, weekends, and school holidays (especially Christmas and spring breaks). Please note ALL hours you are available to work.
Penny Schwartz, Circulation Services, 459-3400, ext. 3409
See full Library Page Job Description