The Friends of Mead Public Library are excited to hold their annual Big Book Sale. This year's sale will feature fiction, nonfiction, children's books, collectibles, rare books, coffee table books, cookbooks, crafts, DVD's, audio books, 'better' paperbacks and more! This year we will also feature a 'boutique cart' of gift items and special collections. These items make for a great start on your Christmas shopping, and you can feel good about all the proceeds going right back to the library for events and programs.
Thursday, Nov. 1: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday, Nov, 2: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 3: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Join the Friends of Mead Public Library
- Check out the Friends of Mead Public Library BookStore
- Click here for the Friends of Mead Public Library Newsletter
- Keep up to date on all the latest news! Like us on Facebook!
- Print out a copy of our informational brochure
- Shop AmazonSmile and benefit the Friends
Benefits of Being a Friend
Information about Friends activities and library events with quarterly issues of “News to You Friends” newsletter mailed to your home
Notification of “Friends Preview” and coupons for great bargains at used book sales
The positive impact personally and for our community when volunteering to help in the BookStore, book sale processing, and special events
Invitation to Friends Annual Meeting/Social held during April
Satisfaction in knowing you are supporting the mission of the Friends and Mead Public Library
Invitation annually to select free used books from the Friends processing area
The Friends’ Board meets eleven times a year to plan and complete their goals, and providing assistance for the needs of the Mead Public Library in the future.
- Used book sales for members and public – annual profits and donation to the library is about $12,000
- Coordinate BookStore within the library through processing and staffing
- Oversee Art-O-Mat as a fundraiser – Small art tokens that sell for $5 at the library
- Produce “News to You Friends”-a quarterly newsletter
- Sponsor “Gift of Reading” program through a $1,500 donation to purchase books to give to children who read at least five hours during the summer; benefits 525 children
- Volunteer at Friends and library programs and special events
- Annually donate to help support library programming for adults and children
- Pay annual subscription for BookPage for customers, and pays for needed movie licensing
- Support Children’s Book Festival monetarily and through volunteering
- Plan fundraising ideas and events to donate money to the library
- “From our Library to Yours”-a community outreach program to donate books to local organizations to develop their own libraries
The Friends invite you to join in supporting the library’s continued success and the invaluable resources it offers your community. If you decide to volunteer a typical schedule would be one day a week for a three-hour shift. Individual annual memberships are available for as little as $15. For your convenience, the Friends of Mead Public Library also offer a life membership for $300. To contact the Friends call Volunteer Services, 459-3400 ext. 3411.
Joan King, President
Barbara Cole, Vice President
Marge Giesen, Secretary
Darlene Kolb, Treasurer
Donna Mae Ringel
Judy Van Calligan