Mead Public Library's Summer Reading Programs are open to everyone! We want everyone to read and listen to books, so everyone is eligible to join a program beginning the day after Memorial Day, every year.
Mead Library offers a Summer Library Program for:
- Children of all ages: Register Here (beginning May 31, 2016)
- ACUITY Cool Picks reading program for teens (grades 6-12): Register Here (beginning May 31, 2016)
- Summer reading program for adults (18+): Register Here (beginning May 31, 2016)
All offer prize drawings and the children and teen programs also have other incentives and events.
According to the American Library Association, the benefits to readers in a summer reading program include:
- encouragement that reading become a lifelong habit
- reluctant readers can be drawn in by the activities and incentives
- reading over the summer helps children keep their reading skills up
- the program can generate interest in the library and books
And it being summer, the program can just be good fun for all ages and provide an opportunity for family time.