Explore art making with Sheboygan artist Erica Jane Huntzinger this winter in the Imaginarium, where she’ll be a special guest during ongoing library programs, teach classes and lead a water-themed community art project.
Community Art Project
Join Erica in creating a mixed media wall mural that will be installed in the makerspace along with a book that will become part of the library’s permanent collection.
- Wednesdays, 4-7 p.m., Jan. 8-Feb. 26
Special Classes (registration required)
- Jan. 25: Acrylic on Denim Fabric, 10-11:30 a.m. For adults.
- Jan. 27: Fabric Printing & Sewing, 6-7:30 p.m. For adults & teens.
- Feb. 17: Painting with Acrylic, 6-7:30 p.m. For adults & teens.
Ongoing Library Programs
- Jan. 9: Book to Art Club, 6-7:30 p.m. Teens & adults.
- Jan. 15: Teen Makers - Painting with Acrylic, 3-4 p.m.
- Jan. 18: Family Storytime - Oil Pastel and Watercolor Painting, 1-2 p.m.
- Feb. 5: Teen Makers - Book Page Collage, 3-4 p.m.
- Feb. 6: Make It @ Mead - Mixed Media & Book Pages, 5-6:30 p.m. All ages.
Background: Huntzinger studied art and ecology at Wolverhampton Polytechnic, in England,received a BFA from the University of Illinois-Champaign, and a Masters of Art in Art Therapy from The School of The Art Institute of Chicago. Notable exhibitions include: The Chicago Cultural Center, John Michael Kohler Arts Center, The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, solo exhibition at UW-Oshkosh, Mosnart, a residency in the Pullman neighborhood of Chicago and, a printmaking residency at Studio 224 in Port Washington.