You are here
Up-to-Date Information on Library Services
In-Person Services Now Available
(Updated June 2)
Limited in-person services are now available at Mead!
This is the first stage in a phased reopening of the building that integrates protective measures to ensure the safety of library users and staff based on guidance from public health officials.
Our initial focus is on providing public internet and computer access, along with access to library materials, both in person inside the building, and through our curbside pickup service. The third-floor remains closed at this time.
This remains a fluid situation. We continue to post the latest updates to our services here, though please call for more details at 920-459-3400, or follow our Facebook page.
Here's the latest on our services, due dates and more:
Library materials can once again be checked out inside the building. We are also offering curbside checkout of books, movies and other materials for those who do not wish to enter the library. Scroll down this page for instructions on curbside pickup.
Returns & Due Dates
Returns are being accepted inside the library only due to construction work affecting our outdoor book drops. We expect to have the outdoor returns up and running soon. Library materials are being quarantined for an extended period before being recirculated.
Please note that we have extended our grace period so you don't have to worry about fines for items that become overdue while in quarantine. There will be a lag between when your items are dropped off and when your account shows the items have been returned.
Due dates were extended to June 1 for items checked out before and during the closure, though renewals will be made available for people who can't return items in that window. Please give us a call to renew your items.
The library will be open from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday to Friday; 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Saturday; and closed Sunday.
3rd Floor Closed
The public can access the first and second floors of our building, while the third-floor Children’s Library and Teen Center remain closed at this time. Children’s materials can be requested and picked up using our online holds system or by calling the library. You can also request a librarian-curated children's book bundle.
Public computer access is available on the second floor. We have also extended our public WiFi network to provide better access from our parking lot and near the library entrance. Park near the outdoor book drops for the best access from the lot. The network is available from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.
You can now request items from other libraries within the Monarch Library System. Interlibrary loan services with libraries outside of the Monarch Library System remain suspended due to library closures throughout the state. We do not have an estimate on when services will resume.
Our meeting rooms remain closed.
Storytimes, book clubs, ukulele classes and other library programs will continue to be offered virtually on Facebook, YouTube, Zoom, Skype and more. All in-person programs remain canceled at this time.
Masks, Social Distancing & Building Cleaning
- We strongly encourage - but do not require - library users to wear masks while inside the building. We also ask that library users stay six feet away from other people and stay only as long as needed to access library resources. We ask that people stay home if they’re not feeling well.
- Staff will continue intensive surface cleaning inside the building, hand sanitizer will be available to the public and library materials will be quarantined for an extended period before being recirculated.
- We have installed sneeze guards at our service desks and have relocated our first floor checkouts and Friends Bookstore to create wider foot traffic lanes.
Summer Reading Program
Summer isn’t canceled and neither is our Summer Reading Program! Download the READsquared app or sign up here.
Printed newspapers will not be available to read on the second floor at this time.
Library cards can be renewed over the phone by calling 920-459-3400 from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Cardholders can also still access digital services, including ebooks, streaming services and databases. The public can also sign up for library cards online and receive instant digital access.
References services are available by calling 920-459-3400 from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday - Friday, or by using the the Chat with a Librarian feature located on the bottom left of our homepage.
Curbside Pickup Available
Curbside Checkout is Here!
We are accepting requests for curbside pickup. Pickup is by appointment only.
Here’s how it works:
Place Your Order
- Request items online by logging into your account, or by calling 920-459-3400, ext. 5.
- For online requests, be sure to select Mead as your pickup location.
- You can now request items from other libraries within the Monarch Library System.
- For Seed Library requests, tax forms, Summer Reading Program prizes and other items not in our catalog, call us at 920-459-3400, ext. 5.
When Your Items Are Ready
- You will receive an alert via email, phone, or text depending on your library account preferences.
- You must then call us to schedule your pickup. You may select a one-hour time block during the following times:
- Mon. - Fri., 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sat., 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
What To Do When You Arrive
- Park in one of the reserved spots near the staff entrance and call us at 920-459-3400, ext. 5, to let us know you’ve arrived.
- A staff person will come out and check your library card or photo ID, then then place your items in your vehicle.
Unsure what to check out?
- Complete this form for personalized recommendations from our librarians.
- Request a librarian-curated book bundle of children's materials.
- Or contact us at 920-459-3400.
Can I pick up items for someone else?
You can pick up items for family members only and you must present that person’s library card or ID when you arrive.
How many items can I request?
A maximum of 20 items may be requested per library card. If you request more than that, the first 20 items staff members find will be pulled for pickup.
Can I use this service if Mead is not my “home” library?
The service will be available to anyone with a library card from any Monarch System library. Just be sure that the items you are requesting are housed at Mead.