You are here
Up-to-Date Information on Library Services
In-Person Services Available
Latest Updates (as of April 20)
- All three floors are now open.
- Face coverings are required at all times inside the library. The policy applies to visitors ages 5 and up. Free face coverings available. Read more about our policy here.
We will continue to post the latest updates to our services here, though please call for more details at 920-459-3400.
Here's the latest on changes to our services due to COVID-19:
Library materials can be checked out inside the building. We are also offering curbside checkout of books, movies and other materials for those who do not wish to enter the library. Mobile users scroll down this page for instructions on curbside pickup.
Returns & Due Dates
Returns are being accepted inside the library or by using our outdoor book drops. There may be a delay between when your items are dropped off, and when your account shows the items have been returned. Any fines that appear in your account as a result of this delay will be waived once the item is processed. Please call us with questions about your account at 920-459-3400.
The library is open from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday to Thursday; 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday; and closed Sunday.
Second Floor Services
Library visitors can access reference services, public computers, study rooms, the Public Conference Room, magazines, nonfiction books, microfilm, the Mead Seed Library and other collections housed on the second floor.
- The Imaginarium makerspace is open by appointment only and with limited equipment availability. Prior training and badging are required.
- The Warschau Room remains closed.
- Printed newspapers are not available to read on the second floor at this time. We do offer digital newspaper access to a variety of local and national publications. Magazines are now available for checkout and browsing. You can request magazines (click here for instructions) using the Monarch Catalog. In addition, digital magazines are now available on Overdrive/Libby.
The Children's Library is open for browsing and checkouts, while a limited number of computers will be available for kids to use for homework only. The following guidelines apply:
- Visitors under 16 years old need to be accompanied by an adult.
- There will be no toys or games for public use.
- Visitors cannot bring activity items from home into the space.
- In-person programs, class visits and and field trips remain suspended. Large group visits are discouraged for safety reasons.
- The 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten and 500 Books Before Middle School programs are still available and prizes can be picked up in the Children's Library.
- New children's books are on display on the first floor.
- You can request a librarian-curated children's book bundle, featuring a selection of 10 items tailored to your child's interests and reading level.
Public computer access is available on the second floor. We have also extended our public WiFi network to provide better access from our parking lot and near the library entrance. Park near the outdoor book drops for the best access from the lot. The public WiFi network is available from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily. In addition, WiFi hotspots and Chromebooks are now available for checkout.
Meeting & Study Rooms
We are now accepting meeting room reservations. A limited number of study rooms are available on the second floor.
Maas Teen Learning Center
The third-floor Teen Center remains closed. The second-floor Teen Library is open during normal business hours.Library Programs
Storytimes, book clubs, ukulele classes and other library programs continue to be offered virtually on Facebook, YouTube, Zoom, Skype and more. All in-person programs remain canceled at this time.
Masks, Social Distancing & Building Cleaning
- Face coverings must be worn at all times inside the library. The policy applies to visitors ages 5 and up. Free face coverings (including children's sizes) are available. Costume masks and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable. Read more about our policy here.
- Please stay six feet away from other people at all times when inside the library and stay only as long as needed to access library resources.
- Do not enter the building if you're not feeling well.
- Refusal to wear a face covering and/or displaying obvious signs of infectious disease during a pandemic or epidemic are prohibited in the library, and you may be asked to leave to building.
- Staff will continue intensive surface cleaning inside the building, hand sanitizer will be available to the public.
- We have installed sneeze guards at our service desks and have relocated our first floor checkouts and Friends Bookstore to create wider foot traffic lanes.
Curbside Pickup Available
Curbside Checkout Available
We are accepting requests for curbside pickup. This service is by appointment only.
Here’s how it works:
Order Items for Pickup
- Request items online by logging into your account, or by calling 920-459-3400, ext. 5.
- For online requests, be sure to select Mead as your pickup location.
- You can now request items from other libraries within the Monarch Library System.
- For Seed Library requests, tax forms and other items not in our catalog, call us at 920-459-3400, ext. 5.
When Your Items Are Ready
- You will receive an alert via email, phone, or text depending on your library account preferences.
- You must then call us to schedule your pickup.
What To Do When You Arrive
- Park in one of the reserved spots near the staff entrance and call us at 920-459-3400, ext. 5, to let us know you’ve arrived.
- A staff person will come out and check your library card or photo ID, then then place your items in your vehicle.
Unsure what to check out?
- Complete this form for personalized recommendations from our librarians.
- Request a librarian-curated book bundle of children's materials.
- Or contact us at 920-459-3400.
Can I pick up items for someone else?
You can pick up items for family members only and you must present that person’s library card or ID when you arrive.
How many items can I request?
A maximum of 20 items may be requested per library card. If you request more than that, the first 20 items staff members find will be pulled for pickup.
Can I use this service if Mead is not my “home” library?
The service is available to anyone with a library card from any Monarch System library.