You are here
Up-to-Date Information on Library Services
In-Person Services Available
Latest Updates (as of July 30)
- Face coverings are required at all times inside the library. The policy applies to visitors ages 5 and up. (Note: the age requirement has been adjusted to conform with Gov. Evers' statewide mask order). Free face coverings available. Read more about our policy here.
- Outdoor book drops are open
- Third-Floor Children's Library will reopen Aug. 10 for book browsing only (more details below).
- Interlibrary loan services with libraries outside of the Monarch Library System will resume Aug. 3. Click here for more details.
The library remains in the first stage in a phased reopening of the building that integrates protective measures to ensure the safety of library users and staff based on guidance from public health officials.
Our focus at this time is on providing public internet and computer access, along with access to library materials, both in person inside the building, and through our curbside pickup service. The third-floor is closed at this time (includes Teen Center, Children's Library and The Loft meeting room).
This remains a fluid situation. We continue to post the latest updates to our services here, though please call for more details at 920-459-3400, or follow our Facebook page.
Here's the latest on changes to our services due to COVID-19:
Library materials can be checked out inside the building. We are also offering curbside checkout of books, movies and other materials for those who do not wish to enter the library. Mobile users scroll down this page for instructions on curbside pickup.
Returns & Due Dates
Return are being accepted inside the library or by using our outdoor book drops. Library materials are being quarantined for an extended period before being recirculated.
Please note that we have extended our grace period so you don't have to worry about fines for items that become overdue while in quarantine. There will be a lag between when your items are dropped off and when your account shows the items have been returned. Please call us with questions about your account at 920-459-3400.
The library is open from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday to Friday; 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Saturday; and closed Sunday.
The third-floor Children's Library will reopen on Aug. 10 for book browsing only. The following guidelines will apply:
- There will be no toys, games or computers for public use.
- Visitors cannot bring activity items from home into the space.
- In-person programs, class visits and and field trips remain suspended. Large group visits are discouraged for safety reasons.
- The Summer Reading Program, 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten and 500 Books Before Middle School programs are still available and prizes can be picked up in the Children's Library starting Aug. 10.
To access children's materials before Aug. 10:
- The Children’s Library and Teen Center remain closed at this time.
- New children's books, along with a selection of audiobooks, movies, CDs and video games are on display on the first floor.
- Children’s materials can otherwise be requested and picked up using our online holds system or by calling the library.
- You can also request a librarian-curated children's book bundle, featuring a selection of 10 items tailored to your child's interests and reading level.
Public computer access is available on the second floor. We have also extended our public WiFi network to provide better access from our parking lot and near the library entrance. Park near the outdoor book drops for the best access from the lot. The public WiFi network is available from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
You can now request items from other libraries within the Monarch Library System. Interlibrary loan services with libraries outside of the Monarch Library System will resume Aug. 3. Click here for more details.
Meeting & Study Rooms
All library meeting rooms remain closed. A limited number of study rooms are available on the second floor.
Storytimes, book clubs, ukulele classes and other library programs will continue to be offered virtually on Facebook, YouTube, Zoom, Skype and more. All in-person programs remain canceled at this time.
Masks, Social Distancing & Building Cleaning
- Face coverings must be worn at all times inside the library. The policy applies to visitors ages 5 and up. Free face coverings (including children's sizes) are available. Costume masks and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable. Read more about our policy here.
- Please stay six feet away from other people at all times when inside the library and stay only as long as needed to access library resources.
- Do not enter the building if you're not feeling well.
- Staff will continue intensive surface cleaning inside the building, hand sanitizer will be available to the public and library materials will be quarantined for an extended period before being recirculated.
- We have installed sneeze guards at our service desks and have relocated our first floor checkouts and Friends Bookstore to create wider foot traffic lanes.
Summer Reading Program
Summer isn’t canceled and neither is our Summer Reading Program! Download the READsquared app or sign up here.
The Imaginarium is open by appointment only and with limited equipment availability. Prior training and badging are required. Read more.
Newspapers & Magazines
Printed newspapers and magazines will not be available to read and/or checkout on the second floor at this time. We do offer digital newspaper access to a variety of local and national publications along with digital magazines through RB Digital.
Library cards can be renewed over the phone by calling 920-459-3400 from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Cardholders can also still access digital services, including ebooks, streaming services and databases. The public can also sign up for library cards online and receive instant digital access.
References services are available by calling 920-459-3400 from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday - Friday, or by using the the Chat with a Librarian feature located on the bottom left of our homepage.
Curbside Pickup Available
Curbside Checkout Available
We are accepting requests for curbside pickup. This service is by appointment only.
Here’s how it works:
Order Items for Pickup
- Request items online by logging into your account, or by calling 920-459-3400, ext. 5.
- For online requests, be sure to select Mead as your pickup location.
- You can now request items from other libraries within the Monarch Library System.
- For Seed Library requests, tax forms, Summer Reading Program prizes and other items not in our catalog, call us at 920-459-3400, ext. 5.
When Your Items Are Ready
- You will receive an alert via email, phone, or text depending on your library account preferences.
- You must then call us to schedule your pickup. You may select a one-hour time block during the following times:
- Mon. - Fri., 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sat., 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
What To Do When You Arrive
- Park in one of the reserved spots near the staff entrance and call us at 920-459-3400, ext. 5, to let us know you’ve arrived.
- A staff person will come out and check your library card or photo ID, then then place your items in your vehicle.
Unsure what to check out?
- Complete this form for personalized recommendations from our librarians.
- Request a librarian-curated book bundle of children's materials.
- Or contact us at 920-459-3400.
Can I pick up items for someone else?
You can pick up items for family members only and you must present that person’s library card or ID when you arrive.
How many items can I request?
A maximum of 20 items may be requested per library card. If you request more than that, the first 20 items staff members find will be pulled for pickup.
Can I use this service if Mead is not my “home” library?
The service is available to anyone with a library card from any Monarch System library.