Due to staffing shortages caused by COVID-19, public access is now restricted to the first floor of the building to allow visitors to pick up holds, return items and use public computers. Click for more details.
You are here
New York Times
Cardholders have free unlimited online access to the New York Times at the library, at home and on the go!
Access at the library:
- Visit www.nytimes.com/register from a library computer to register a new account or sign-in to your existing NYT account.
- You can also receive free access by connecting to the library's Wi-Fi network from a mobile device or laptop. Access the NYT using a browser or the NYT app and register a new account or sign-in to your existing NYT account.
To log-in from a home computer or mobile device:
- Click here to claim your 72-hour access code, and then click "redeem."
- You'll then be prompted to create a free account using your personal email address (no credit card is required), or you can click "log in" if you already have a Times account. You can also sign in with your Facebook or Google account.
- Your access code is active for 72 hours. After 72 hours, you can redeem a new code. There are no limits on how many codes you can use.
Please be advised that registering an email address with New York Times Digital will opt you into receiving promotional messages from the NYT. To opt out, follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of these messages.
The access code includes unlimited articles on NYT apps, the "Today's Paper" feature and 5 Premium Archive (1923-1980) articles per day. Times Cooking and the full crossword puzzle are not included.